How We Value Our People
“Making YOU Successful”
With over 30 years of expertise in the rail industry we know that as a business we are only as good as the people we employ. We’re also very proud of where we have come from, and more importantly we’re really excited about where we’re heading to. Whilst working at SigTech Rail you will see continuity in our people, our values, our training and how we provide mentorship to help develop your skills and capabilities.
We understand that our business is about people, projects and contracts and that these 3 areas will only succeed if we all work together, pulling as one team. Once your onboard you will be able to showcase your conscientiousness, commitment & expertise to the job. What’s more we can supply you with the calibrated tools to do your job, or alternatively we’d love it if you brought your own equipment. Either way, we are sure that you will agree that you only get as much out of a career by the amount of effort you put into it. Dedication, conscientiousness & commitment are just a few core values at the heart of our business which serve to shape our culture and the way we conduct ourselves.
So How Do We Help You Make YOU Successful?
Individually You Make Us
Every individual who works alongside us is special, and we relish you for who you are and the skills that you bring to our business and the rail industry. We promise to support & mentor all our employees & contractors by:
- Encouraging you to “think outside the box” and not to be afraid doing things differently, as long as official, safety & technical standards are maintained. After all, “engaged thinking” often results in finding better solutions to problems with better outcomes.
- We understand that you may wish to work for other companies, so we offer flexible working contracts to suit your needs. Although we’d like to think you would support us over others first of all.
- We pay excellent industry rates of pay & often much more than our competitors!
- We love you to stand out from the crowd so we love to hear your thoughts. After all, your success is our success!
- We understand that its not all about work, and that you have a life with your family and loved ones. That’s why we promote a healthy work/life balance which suits your needs, not ours.
- We recognise talent when we see it and we add to your talent by providing on-the-job mentorship so that you can safely & confidently build upon your skills, CV and learn new things daily.
Your contributions are valuable to us so we really listen to what you have to say. We do this because we want you to feel valued and that you’re making a difference to your career, our business and to the rail industry.
Opportunities For You
We believe we are one of the most forward thinking companies in the rail industry and we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of customer excellence and employee engagement. That why when you work with us you will see:
- We are a progressive business with a 100% commitment to investing & developing our workforce. That’s why we usually recruit upwards from within.
- We provide great roles that will challenge you and test your abilities in a supportive and caring environment.
- We love to give you the opportunity to influence and make change regardless of your seniority.
- Your career will see you working on complex, high profile Signalling Engineering projects which will catapult your skill sets and look fabulous on your CV.
- We are a family-owned business which has an excellent reputation, strong values and a clear vision of the future! So why not kick start your career with a business that is going places.
- What ever we do, where ever we work, we make a lasting positive impression with communities and the people we work with!
Collaboration – Lets Work Together
We respect that everyone has a different working style & different needs and we actively encourage this. After all the world would be a sad place if we were all the same. That’s why we believe what set our business apart is:
- We know that once you are part of our team that you will be adaptable, responsive, trustworthy and will exceed our expectations. That’s why we agreed to have you in the team!
- We truly believe that working together, collaboratively, as a team is something very special.
- We are open to new ideas and are inspired by innovation and doing things in different ways.
- We love to exceed our customers expectations especially in testing conditions. What’s more we are even winning business against some of our largest competitors!
- We trust and respect each other whilst building unique and individual relationships between our teams which serves to help us all grow!
Diverse – Contributions from Everyone
We’re know that we are all different. But we all should want to be treated fairly. We want to be ourselves at work yet feel that we belong. We want our careers to be about our talent and contribution, not about who we are and where we’ve come from.
- We value and encourage contributions from everyone
- We love diversity! What’s more we embrace everything from gender, age, culture, disability, race, sexual orientation, thought to religion.
- We work extremely hard to actively encourage recruitment from all parts of society and are working hard to develop a diverse workforce.
- We embrace new talent and skills from all parts of society, and creating a diverse workforce.
- We love that everyone can contribute to our success and feel a part of the SigTech Team!