SigTech Rail is proud to recently sign up to the The Rail Supply Group’s government backed Work Pipeline Visibility Charter. As signatories of the Charter we will provide our work pipeline visibility across our supply chain in order to allow our suppliers to plan and invest with confidence, driving improvements in productivity, enhance collaboration delivery of outcomes.
As a Specialist Rail Signalling Engineering business we will help to:
- Drive improvements in productivity by giving our suppliers sufficient time to plan the delivery of work efficiently and safely.
- Help our suppliers manage changes in work volumes.
- Increase the pace of delivery.
- Create the conditions that mean our suppliers can make planning and investment decisions with confidence.
- Increase supply chain collaboration and engagement whilst maintaining customer-supplier confidentiality
- Mitigate delivery risks associated with resource availability and constraints
- Improve value for money and delivery of outcomes.
In February 2021, the Rail Supply Group published its ACT NOW Improving Work Pipeline Visibility: Update and Next Steps Report. This Charter is a key action from this report which found – following 8 pilot studies with 29 organisations – that the whole of the rail industry is in a position where customers and suppliers can provide in-flight visibility of their project expenditure pipelines.